Chocolate Pastry Puffs
I am an unashamed ready made pastry fan.
Yes, I've made pastry.
Yes, I know it's not that difficult but truthfully the lure of that convenient roll of frozen puff is just too appealing.
It's that 'bish bash bosh' element.
Defrost. Unroll. Slice. Fill. Bake. Eat.
What's not to love?!
This recipe, admittedly, is stolen from Nigella - I've added the almond, coconut, icing sugar bit but the rest is all Nig. Obviously, I swapped the egg wash for almond milk too....
Are they any good?
Well, we polished the lot in one sitting so you tell me.
1 pack of ready made vegan puff pastry
12 large dark chocolate buttons
1/4 cup of almond or hazelnut milk
1/4 cup of chopped flaked almonds
1/4 cup of desiccated coconut
2 tbsp icing sugar
1. pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees celsius/338 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Unroll the pastry and divide into 12 triangles.
3. Place a chocolate button on the widest part of the triangle and then fold in the edges before rolling carefully to the tip. Secure the roll by pressing closed any open sections. It doesn't matter of it looks messy at this stage.
4. Brush with almond milk and top with the flaked almonds and desiccated coconut. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
5. Eat immediately or allow to cool before dusting with icing sugar.